GUIDE TO FUTSAL INJURY PREVENTION
Futsal (futsal salon) was approved by FIFA as the indoor version of soccer in 1962. Futsal uses five players on a side and is played on a court similar in size to a basketball court. The game does not use sideboards like other forms of indoor soccer. A player in a 40-minute Futsal match runs between 2.5 and 3.7 miles depending on the position played and the style of play of the team. In contrast, in a 90-minute high school soccer game, a player runs three to five miles.
- The most common injuries are to the ankles and knees.
- Sprains, strains, and fracture/dislocations are the most common types of injuries.
- The early teens are the most prevalent time for injury, especially to the ankles and knees.
- Most of the ankle sprains happened in struggles for ball possession on the ground.
- Knee injuries mainly occur in plant and cut moves or one-leg landings without direct contact with other players.
TO SCHEDULE INDIVIDUAL, GROUP, OR TEAM STRENGTH, SPEED, AND CONDITIONING TRAINING, CALL 301-622-9000 OR CLICK HERE
INJURY PREVENTION MEASURES
- The National Athletic Trainers' Association suggests that high school athletes engage in conditioning training at least six weeks before the start of practice.
- Avoid head flicking the ball. Take a step back and control it with your chest or thigh.
- Previous injury is the most important risk factor for injury. Do not return to play too soon. Follow your doctor's recommendations. Your team needs its players on the field, not on the sidelines.
- Proper Warm-Up is essential to injury prevention.
Proper strength training will decrease injuries.
- Learning to squat, jump, land, change direction, and balance will help prevent knee and ankle injuries.
- Performing specific hamstring and groin exercises will help prevent pulls to these areas.
- Use properly fitting cleats and shin guards.
- Never leave a goal unsecured.
- Make sure first aid is available at all games and practices.
For a pdf of the Injury Prevention Guide, Click Here
"Dramatically improve your athletes'
speed, absolutely risk-free!"
Finally, there is an easy to follow, step-by-step, no BS guide to blazing speed!
For a limited time, the ULTIMATE training secrets for explosive speed can now be yours, with zero risk.
Click here to change the way your athletes compete forever!